- Medical research has supported the use of electronic cigarettes as a "harm reduction" method for tobacco cigarette smokers attempting to reduce or eliminate their use.
- Electronic cigarettes do not contain tobacco and primarily contain nicotine.
- The proposed policy was created during the summer semester and without proper input from students, faculty, staff, and members of the college community.
- Our current tobacco policy has been implemented successfully and only minor corrections are necessary to ensure proper enforcement.
- Forcing students, staff, and faculty to stop smoking on campus will not eliminate personal use and creates further tension in a stressful academic environment.
- Enforcement of this policy will be extremely difficult and other health and safety issues will arise if the policy is enacted.
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Thursday, July 11, 2013
SGA President Tyler Ohrn and SEA President Jorge Meneses attended a meeting today with college administrators concerning the United Way Day of Giving and other college initiatives. SGA looks forward to an exciting fall semester.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
The Communications Department of Student Government is proud to release its first ever Prezi. This interactive PowerPoint application allows users to learn more about our organization and what it comprises of. You can view the Prezi at the link below.
WVU Parkersburg SGA Prezi
Thursday, January 31, 2013
We will be hosting a free leadership training for all West Virginia University at Parkersburg students from 8:00-12:00 on Friday, February 15th. Breakfast and a togo lunch will be provided. Workshops will be held on resume building, teamwork, and effective meetings. Please RSVP for the conference in the Student Government Office.
Monday, January 7, 2013
The winter retreat for WVU Parkersburg's Student Government will be held this Saturday at 12:30 in the Student Lounge. It will include a presentation from Registered Parliamentarian Bob Fish on Robert's Rules of Order and a short business meeting willl be held afterwords. This is MANDATORY for all SGA officers and it is strongly recommended that members attend. Food and drink will be provided.
Thursday, December 6, 2012
The Student Government Association will once again be helping the Salvation Army this Christmas season. We will be volunteering in front of Belk and JC Penny's at the Grand Central Mall in Vienna from 5:00-8:00. West Virginia University at Parkersburg's SGA participates every year as a way to give back to our community. This is a great way to help those in need and any donations would be greatly appreciated.